[Framework-Team] Diazo ZPT fragment support

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Nov 2 02:39:48 UTC 2012

I'm +1 on this.  It seems well defined, limited in scope, simple,
powerful and optional.  It seems like a situation where there's high
reward *if* it gets used, and little downside if it doesn't.  It's the
best answer I've heard yet to the problem of how to go beyond Diazo/XSLT
*and* how to avoid forcing people to learn either XSLT or
setuptools+ZCML.

I think we could include this and wait and see how it gets used and
learn a lot about how to document it for beginners and if/how to bless
it as "best practice" if we ever do so.  It kinda seems to me like the
argument for not including this would be like saying "We can't ship with
Diazo/p.a.theming because we don't have an ACE editor integration yet."

Ross

Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com>