[Framework-Team] [Plone-UI] PLIP 12227: In-Plone Theme Editor

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:13:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for this! Let me digest more fully in light of Denys' comments as well.

One thing I wanted to say, however: The goal of this is not to
completely hide the XML rules syntax. We want to help people write the
rules file, but we are not, yet, mature enough to be able to make
theming a fully point-and-click experience, and you need to be able to
think about things like conditionals and sequence. If we hide the
output, people will be confused when it doesn't work perfectly as
they'd expected.

I'm not sure if this was clear to the reviewers?

Martin