[Framework-Team] PLIP 12227: In-Plone Theme Editor

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:00:43 UTC 2012

Just a random comment that as one of Martin + Nathan's beta-testers on
this, I think this PLIP is one of the most exciting things to land in
Plone recently (and that's saying a lot).

This is where we finally surface all of the awesome power of Diazo for
the "I just wanna get this done" themer, who has zero interest in
wading into Plone's internals.  I also think it sets a standard for
technically sane, user-friendly TTW editing of lots of Plone
configuration/text files (e.g. Dexterity views) that will continue to
have big payoffs for us in the near future.

So, try it out with your designers/HTML/CSS folks, any UI feedback we
can get now makes a HUGE difference.

:jon