[Framework-Team] [Plone-developers] 4.3 PLIPs – Where are we at?

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Wed Jan 18 14:32:42 UTC 2012

Hello.

In the last months, plone.app.event was brought forward to a state,
where i would begin using it in production (what i will do soon).

Sorry that i cannot provide you with exact predictions, since there is
not really some project management but instead constantly moving
requirements, new ideas, changing committers and little time.

What's done
===========
* Planned refactorings are finished.
* Dexterity behaviors and an Dexterity example type are provided.
* Dependency on CMFCalendar is removed.
* Calendar portlet is refactored.
* Timezone support is added.
* Recurrence functionality works.
* A great recurrence widget is integrated.
* There is a better icalendar export.

What needs to be done
=====================
* Fixing failing tests.
* Rewriting some tests.
* Better test coverage.
* Better datetime widget (which is a bit broken yet).
* General polishing.

Before Christmas, I asked the FWT for a code review to get some feedback
about the general direction. This would be helpful, since I submitted a
talk to the Plone Konferenz in Munich and wanted to know beforehand, if
I'm going to talk about vaporware or not. The talk submission was
intentional, since this puts me in charge of bringing it forward and
maybe brings some more interest and helping hands to this PLIP.

Best, Johannes Raggam