[Framework-Team] New DateTime 3 PLIP

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Aug 10 23:26:24 UTC 2012

Hi.

Salvaging some of my old work, I thought I'd propose to bring DateTime
3 into Plone core:

https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13101

Not sure if that's too late for Plone 4.3. It should just work without
any changes to any code. Memory savings should be about 10-20%, though
plone.org might have seen even more.

I also addressed the downgrade risk, by releasing a new DateTime
2.12.7, which can read the new persistent data format and
transparently converts data back. So if stuff goes wrong, this isn't a
one-way street anymore.

Cheers,
Hanno

/me is also going to be at the PloneConf sprints in Arnhem