[Framework-Team] plone.app.multilingual PLIP for review

Victor Fernandez de Alba sneridagh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:51:29 UTC 2012

Hi,
We have posted the first draft of the PLIP corresponding to the inclussion
of plone.app.multilingual to the Plone Core. Ramon discussed this matter in
a previous post to the Plone Roadmap list. Ramon and myself will lead this
effort and we are committed to push it to make it happen.

Multilingual history in Plone has a lot of relevance and
Products.LinguaPlone cannot support Dexterity content. If Dexterity is
finally included in 4.3, we will need a reliable multilingual support for
Dexterity content types and for "legacy" Archetypes content types as well.

plone.app.multilingual was designed originally to provide Plone a whole
multilingual story. Using ZCA technologies, enables translations to
Dexterity and Archetypes content types as well. Lately, the community is
giving to PAM the love it deserves and it is getting mature enough for a
1.0 release.

We think that it's time for Plone to have a wide multilingual support out
of the box.

This is the link: https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13091

We will look forward for the review process.
Thanks,

--
Víctor Fernández de Alba
http://about.me/victorfernandezdealba