[Framework-Team] Collections portlets

Eric Steele ericsteele47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 23:04:33 UTC 2012

So now that we've got plone.app.collection in 4.2, how do we want to handle collections portlets?

We currently ship with plone.portlet.collection. plone.app.collection adds its own, largely the same (though missing some of the more recent features/fixes added to the other).

Should the p.a.collection version be made the default (and updated for parity with p.portlet.collection) or should p.portlet.collection be updated to handle the newer collections (and remove the portlet functionality from p.a.collection)?

Seems like the latter would be the simpler option.

Eric