[Framework-Team] plone.app.theming editor branch

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 13:05:49 UTC 2011

On 7 September 2011 13:48, Denys Mishunov <denys.mishunov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> To the end-user it's a new feature, if only because it adds new UI.
>>> I'd wager the UI team may want to take a look at that. :-)
>>
>> Yeah, definitely. In fact, I specifically asked for their input, though no
>> response just yet.
>
> I don't think I have seen any email from you to the UI list. Did I
> miss it while being on vacation? Or you mean you asked in that long
> thread on plone-developers? Anyway, I don't think UI team will be able
> to properly review this new UI before 4.2 beta. But I think UI-related
> discussion shoulkd be moved to the UI list since not all of the UI
> tema members read plone-developers or the Framework lists.

It was CC'ed to the UI team list:
http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Re-Plone-developers-Should-we-integrate-ACE-into-p-a-theming-td6762177.html

I think it's a great feature but I too am sceptical that the UI can be
finished enough to put it in the control panel for 4.2 (based on our
experience with Dexterity - UIs always take a long time). If it was a
hidden feature like manage-viewlets then perhaps it would be less of a
problem.

Laurence