[Framework-Team] PLIP 9352 delay

Denys Mishunov denys.mishunov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:36:33 UTC 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 7:56 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:

> >  Dear Framework Team, I would like to ask one more week for PLIP 9352. Spent all my power and time for PLIP 11300 recently and can not finish 9352 in time. There are 2 critical parts that are not implemented yet for that PLIP, but none of those is critical for merging in my opinion if you decide to be strict and give me no week more ;) The critical issues are:
> >  	- move ajax responses to JSON instead of HTML. This should not take long.
> >  	- the long-waited history feature in our ajax calls (aka back-button). I know what I need to do and how, but need to review the result and optimize some things. Speaking of this issue, does the team think it is ok to base the solution for this on a feature implemented in another ticket (Modernizr.js from PLIP 11300)?
>
> I'm +1 for this.

Good. Thanks.

> >  Or I should provide solution that does not suppose Modernizr in the stack?
>
> I don't think there has to be any problem with the library in PLIP 11300 and it's safe to rely on it in this PLIP as well, but would like to get a confirmation.
>
> As long as 11300 goes in before or at the same time as this one, balls to the wall brotha!

Great, thanks! Concerning the 11300 — it's ready for reviews and for the merge, so if there is no significant issue with it I don't see anything that would block that PLIP. I suspect if I get reviews for #11300 as soon as possible we could merge that PLIP and then, this PLIP will not need to assume things, but will just use Modernizr from trunk. But for now I will go on assuming Modernizr is the part of Plone now.

Have a wonderful evening.

--
Best regards,
Denys Mishunov