[Framework-Team] Meeting minutes

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 22:31:41 UTC 2011

On 7 June 2011 21:52, Eric Steele <ems174 at psu.edu> wrote:
> I'm at the point where I have to ask for help...
>
> We're doing an awful job of getting the contents of our meeting back out into a publicly-consumable format. It hurts us with a lack of accountability, less chance for public discussion, and a loss of historical record. I'd been attempting to take notes during the meetings and going back through the audio at a later time to fill in the gaps, but I just don't have the time to do so any more. We had about two weeks of success generating minutes with a collaborative editor, but interest quickly waned.
>
> So what can we do to make this work?

I think we need a better template for how the resulting output should
look, along with an agenda which can serve as the outline. While part
of the problem is probably just the number of documents we tend to
have open during the meeting (the plip status spreadsheet along with
the plips themselves), I think the key issue is that we've fallen into
using the plip status spreadsheet as the running order of the meeting
instead of an agenda on titanpad which we can easily annotate as we go
along. It could be as simple as just using:

PLIP #nnnn

* Status update

Comments show that work is ongoing, X seems confident it is doable by
the deadline.

* Concerns raised

Not really sure if it is the right approach, perhaps they should look at...

* Actions

Y to report back

====

Perhaps we could copy and paste the result of our meeting notes for
individual plips as a ticket comment, to ensure visibility and help
motivate us all to make worthwhile notes.

Laurence