[Framework-Team] Feedback on New Collections for Plone 4.2

Cris Ewing cris at crisewing.com
Tue Jul 5 22:56:39 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Jon Stahl wrote:

> My feeling is that very few of Groundwire's existing deployments would be harmed by disabling adding of Old Collections in favor of New Collections.  Clear documentation about how to re-enable them would suffice for the tiny minority of exceptions.  I'd prefer to keep superfluous stuff out of the Add menu by default.  Alternatively, demoting it to the "more..." section of the Add menu would be fine, too.
>
> :jon

+1 from me to this.

My sense is that anything we can do to fix collections should be done as soon as possible.  In a lot of my work at UW I simply avoided teaching collections to users until I had some idea of their competence level.  The UI for them was complex enough that unless I felt a user had some fairly solid skill level it was easier to just pretend they didn't exist.

Cris Ewing
Principal, Cris Ewing, Developer LLC
http://www.crisewing.com
cris at crisewing.com