[Framework-Team] Reworking the PLIP Lifecycle | discussion

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Sat Feb 26 20:22:52 UTC 2011

Alec Mitchell <alecpm at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Elizabeth Leddy <eleddy at umich.edu> wrote:
>>> Feel free to respond over email or just edit the
>>> document: http://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/PlipProcess>
>> Great work!
>
> It seems likely that this process will require a also larger "team"
> for any given release (particularly given the historic attrition rate
> of team members over the course the review process), along with a
> reasonable mechanism for members to opt-out of a particular cycle if
> needed.

Definitely.  One of the larger motivations for this change is to be less
impacted by FWT attrition.  As we discussed it, the FWT would become
more of a framework *pool* allowing members to get busy and then come
back later.  Have we spelled out the process for bringing in a new FWT
member as needed?

Ross