[Framework-Team] plone.app.event progress

Johannes Raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Wed Feb 23 14:20:36 UTC 2011

dear framework team and plone.app.event team!

i owe you an update of the current status of the plone.app.event PLIP
#10886.

vincent fretin, rok garbas and me attended at the artsprint [1] in
vienna in the first week of february this year and made some good
progress:

- fixed many bugs, mentioned in the plip reviews
- optimized archetypes.datetimewidget behavior
- discussed some plans, how to further improve the package and code
structure
- partly migrated the test infrastructure to plone.(app.)testing
- solved the timezone troubles with Zope's DateTime (by using pytz and
introducing a timezone field for the event object and storing DateTimes
in UTC only...)
- prepared some javascript testing stuff to be used for
js.jquery.recurrenceinput recurrence widget.

there are still some things to be done - see the current todo list [2].
as we all don't need plone.app.event for current customer projects, but
see it as an strategic investment and want to use it in the near future,
we cannot put too much energy outside sprints in it.

but - for me - i plan to work on it at the next sprints, i attend (at
least one before summer). like a recurring event at code sprints.
gogo made a joke out of it: "recurring events: recurring events".

[1] http://www.coactivate.org/projects/artsprint2011
[2]
https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.event/trunk/TODO-artsprint.txt

--