[Framework-Team] Meeting Minutes – Feb 22, 2011

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:48:22 UTC 2011

My crummy meeting notes...

PLIP process

	• Attending: Eric Steele, Craig Haynal, Ross Patterson, Elizabeth Leddy, Laurence Rowe, Martijn Pieters

	• Move to more of a cyclical (fixed timeframe release) cycle
	• Be more responsive to people
	• Better distribute load among FWT members
	• PLIPs can be submitted at any time
	• Regular FWT conference call schedule
	• http://www.mail-archive.com/framework-team@lists.plone.org/msg04500.html
	• Some PLIPs (p.a.discussion) wound up with an iterative review process, which worked well
	• Others wound up stopping all development for 6 weeks waiting for reviews
	• Review comments in PLIP ticket or in review doc?
	• Implementers aren't looking at review docs
	• How to get others ("non-implementers) to chip in on fixing small issues
	• Ticketing in other trackers?
	• Lots of PLIP tickets in a "I may work on this some day" state. How do we handle those?
	• eleddy will put up a doc describing stages of process
	• 3 month release cycle
	• How do we keep up submission momentum? Will we get new proposals if there is no "hey, it's Plone 4.x!" announcement?
	• Let's try it for now.
	• Regular FWT call, every 2 weeks. We'll be able to keep it shorter.

Audio: http://apps.calliflower.com/recording/download/11882?rec_key=ad1d9263d77a1f419c2e21fa76fca420842be9fa

Next call: 8 March, 2011 @ 19:00 GMT