[Framework-Team] Reworking the PLIP Lifecycle | discussion

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Thu Feb 10 04:00:11 UTC 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:49 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
> Ross Patterson <me at rpatterson.net> writes:
>
>> Elizabeth Leddy <eleddy at umich.edu> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks for all the feedback guys! Curious what current team members think????
>>
>> +1, though I expected to gather more contradicting perspectives before
>> weighing in in.
>
> Ok, so Eric I think we're a go.  Lets schedule another FWT meeting and
> hammer out the details.
>
> Liz, get ready!  :-)
>
> Ross

Yes, sorry I never managed to respond to this. I have 12 different theses sitting in my drafts folder and never quite managed to accurately capture what I wanted to say.

Basically:

1) Consider me +1000 on this
2) Let's plan on faster/regular/smaller releases
3) Review process should be a process of continuous feedback, not the "stop doing things so we can maybe look at it over the next 6 weeks"
4) We need to be able to adapt to ideas that happen in the run-up to a release (see Geir's discovery of other places contentlistings could be used)
4) 4.2 should be focused on getting events, collections, content listings, search results. These need to happen.
5) Let's chat about this on Tuesday

Eric