[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Mar 25 22:42:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Martin Aspeli
<optilude+lists at gmail.com<optilude%2Blists at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> It's not *quite* that easy, though, because people will have things like
> collective.xdv in their buildouts. If an "upgrade" means installing
> something else, then in the worst case that something else could actively
> conflict with an old installation, and we're in trouble.

Also keep in mind that package name doesn't have to be the product name.
We're not called CMFPlone. ;)

> It's also not so easy because at least two books in print mention XDV, as
> do three or four tutorials on plone.org.
>
> I think we need a damned good reason to rename, more so than "this name is
> cooler". I also think we should ask the broader community's reaction first.

The community is tiny, tiny until it ships with a Plone release. Now is the
time to do it.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net