[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Thu Mar 25 20:14:58 UTC 2010

On 25-03-2010 02.58, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> It's also not so easy because at least two books in print mention XDV,
> as do three or four tutorials on plone.org.
>
> I think we need a damned good reason to rename, more so than "this name
> is cooler".

XDV isn't a name. It is 3 letters. It doesn't even mean anything "real".
It stands for DeliVerance reimplemented in XSLT (IIRC), which says
nothing to anyone outside the small group of developers who are part of
the discussion related to these frameworks.

A name should at least convey some meaning.

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt