[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:58:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Geir Bækholt wrote:
>>
>> On 23-03-2010 22.52, Alexander Limi wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 to xdv as long as it gets a decent new name. ;)
>>
>> YES! — And let's make sure to rename it soon, before it gets widespread
>> mainstream acceptance
>
> If someone has a really great name, I'd consider it, but I think the ship
> may've sailed. Renaming now is likely to cause a lot of confusion.

How about something very simple like "Theme Builder"?
(collective.themebuilder).  Short, says what it does, sounds
"approachable."   We can pretty easily refer to it as "Theme Builder
(formerly XDV)" for a little while.

What I learned in the last year at Groundwire (formerly ONE/Northwest)
is that changing the name of something is easier than you'd think, if
the thing you're renaming is something people like and want to work
with. :-)

:jon