[Framework-Team] Re: Spinning up a UI team

Geir Bækholt plone at baekholt.com
Tue Mar 23 07:50:41 UTC 2010

On 23-03-2010 02.52, Eric Steele wrote:
> So I'd like to propose creating a full-fledged UI team.

I think this is a great idea. Plone needs this.
While we have introduced process and management to the technical side of
development, the UI has been left dangling in the hope that someone will
just handle it. It is easy to see from the results that one of these
approaches works better than the other.

> I know I'm not the only one with the same general idea,
I've had at least 3 people independently mention it to me.
How do we make this happen?

Given that the framework team in theory serves an advisory role to the
release manager and he/she has absolute rule, i don't see anything
stopping the release manager from declaring the need for a UI team as
well with a role similar to that of the FWT. (with the condition that i
understood the process right, and this would not be disrupting some
arcane balance of power)

IMO It would make sense to try to assemble one along with the 4.1
framework team now that that process is already happening. It is
probably a good idea to start with a minor release.

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt