[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 10359 for Plone 4.1 - Convert control panels to use z3c.form

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Mar 21 14:40:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest we use the dict context (implement getContent() and return a dict)
> instead of all those adapters to get/set values as we do presently.

Ok. I'll have a look at that.

Those adapters only exist, as the context of the form is the plone
site root, but the settings come from many different places. Some of
the forms redefine self.context, some of them use some property
helpers to deal with portal_properties and value conversions. So there
needs to be some form of intermediate layer in between, but I don't
care what it is.

> Also, use trunk of z3c.form, plone.z3cform and plone.app.z3cform for the
> time being - important cleanups have happened.

That's what I thought.

>> This PLIP is dependent on someone owning the general z3c.form / Plone
>> integration PLIP (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9473) - I hope
>> someone will be up to that task :)
>
> I can at least help, though I'll need to see closer to the actual deadline
> where I can own it.

Ah, you didn't fall for the obvious trap ;)

Hanno