[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 10359 for Plone 4.1 - Convert control panels to use z3c.form

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:26:12 UTC 2010

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've written a new PLIP that I'll hope to submit for Plone 4.1
> "Convert control panels to use z3c.form" available at
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10359.
>
> I'll start the work on the PLIP shortly, so if anyone sees any major
> problems with it or has other suggestions, I'd welcome any early
> feedback.

I suggest we use the dict context (implement getContent() and return a
dict) instead of all those adapters to get/set values as we do presently.

Also, use trunk of z3c.form, plone.z3cform and plone.app.z3cform for the
time being - important cleanups have happened.

> This PLIP is dependent on someone owning the general z3c.form / Plone
> integration PLIP (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9473) - I hope
> someone will be up to that task :)

I can at least help, though I'll need to see closer to the actual
deadline where I can own it.