[Framework-Team] Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Mar 16 22:18:25 UTC 2010

The way it works is that you can use the XHTML "spelling" (ie. closing your
tags), but you serve it up as normal HTML.

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Should_I_close_empty_elements_with_.2F.3E_or_.3E.3F

There's no Strict or similar thing in HTML5, AFAIK.

(There is also something informally referred to as "XHTML5" which is serving
it as XML, which isn't what we want to do)