[Framework-Team] Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Mar 16 18:45:16 UTC 2010

On 3/16/10 18:40 , Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net
> <mailto:wichert at wiggy.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'ld like to see a list of pros and cons of using HTML 5 as well. I
>     am quite worried by the lack of proper support in existing browsers.
>     None of them implement any of the existing HTML standards properly,
>     and I fear that switching to the still unfinished HTML5 would be a
>     several steps too far at this point in time.
>

> What parts in particular do you find are not working?

Some very basic things I've run into: some browsers can't style the
legend tag, some browsers can't style input (esp. file) elements, some
browsers drop the value of button elements, some browsers do weird
things if you offset the body (to the point where jQuery no longer even
tries to support that).

Given that today you can use div elements with classes to get the same
results as HTML5 would give I don't see any point in trying to hasten a
change to HTML5.

Wichert.