[Framework-Team] Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:45:52 UTC 2010

On Mar 15, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Nate Aune wrote:
> What about Amberjack for self-guided tours/help?
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9324
>
> Is that still on the roadmap for landing in Plone 4.1?

It certainly is if someone resubmits it. I asked the implementers to continue developing it outside of Plone 4 with the idea that they could start building tutorials against something stable in the release candidates and could give it some time to mature on its own after the release is out. Then, we could include it as part of the core for 4.1.

I've been gearing up for the sprint, so I haven't had a chance to reply to the discussion. My general plan for 4.1 was to wrap up as many of the nearly-done PLIPs from 4.0. If we can make significant progress this week, I think we could drop a 4.1 very shortly after 4.0 that includes plone.app.discussion and events, search results, and collections improvements (and by extension plone.registry and z3c.form). That'd be one hell of a dot-x release. Even just two of those packages would be enough for me for 4.1.

Or we could space them out so we don't raise expectations for 4.2 too much. ;)

Eric