[Framework-Team] Plone 5 - rough roadmap

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Mar 12 16:53:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Laurence Rowe <l at lrowe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12 March 2010 15:07, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> Currently listed for Plone 4.x are things like:
>> - Well formed, valid XHTML (as a foundation for easier theming via xdv)
>
> Just to note that xdv uses the HTMLParser which is really very
> tolerant of badly formed markup (an earlier problem with the Nginx
> implementation running plone.org is now fixed). The output is
> wellformed and forced into the xhtml namespace, though no validation
> is performed. The only downside to the HTMLParser is that inline
> elements in other namespace (e.g. esi, svg) are not allowed in the
> content or template, though they may be included in the rules.

That's really good to hear. Though I think "semantic HTML" or
"sensible ids/classes" to identify elements in pages is what I had in
mind with this point. Well besides the valid XHTML which is a
requirement for Chameleon as well.

Denys did a heroic job at this already for Plone 4.0. But I expect
there's much more to do and especially many more add-ons to fix.

Hanno