[Framework-Team] Beta 1 is (essentially) out! FWT, your job is done.

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Mar 12 14:36:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Laurence Rowe <l at lrowe.co.uk> wrote:
> What happened in the 3.x series, I thought the 3.0 team stayed on.

No. One member of the team stayed on from the 3.0 team for the 3.1
team. The 3.1 team then stayed the same for the 3.2 and 3.3 releases.

The main idea here was that the x.0 release requires a huge time
investment and we don't want to stretch the same persons too much.
We've also had some drop-outs from overworked members late in the
process, so we cannot just take the existing team.

For the "official" process, the secret society of emeritus framework
team members would now put out a call for new applications for the 4.1
team. This same group will then select the new team. As a formality
the new framework team would then confirm the release manager or
suggest a new one to the Foundation Board.

Hanno