[Framework-Team] Beta 1 is (essentially) out! FWT, your job is done.

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 10:14:56 UTC 2010

On 12 March 2010 01:24, Matthew Wilkes <matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2010-03-09, at 0250, Eric Steele wrote:
>
>> So... now that those bums are out the door, how do we go about appointing
>> a 4.x team for me to abuse?
>
> Well, on a more general note, I think we need a bit better separation
> between the 4.x and 5.x teams to avoid conflicts between the needs of 4.x
> and 5.0.
>
> I'm not sure the best way to do that, however, as I'm excited by both
> releases.  I honestly couldn't say if I'd prefer to be part of the 4.x team
> or the 5.0 team if I could only pick one.

How do they conflict? I don't want to hold back changes for 5.0, but
equally I don't want anything too major in 4.x. My main aim over the
4.x series would be to see the z3cform packages become part of the
distribution so we can get p.a.discussion and p.a.registry in. It's
also a stepping stone to 5.0.

What happened in the 3.x series, I thought the 3.0 team stayed on.

Laurence