[Framework-Team] incorrect URL for repoze.xmliter?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Jan 6 15:44:54 UTC 2010

2010/1/6 Nate Aune <natea at jazkarta.com>:
> I just tried running the Plone 4 coredev buildout (http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/) with deco.cfg last night, and it was failing when trying to check out repoze.xmliter. So I had to change this line in experimental/deco.cfg to get the buildout to run:
>
> - repoze.xmliter                    = svn svn+ssh://repoze@svn.repoze.org/svn/repoze.xmliter/trunk
> + repoze.xmliter                    = svn http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.xmliter/trunk/

That looks to me like the repoze svn over ssh repo is either down or
blocked for you. Moreover, I strongly suspect the http:// repo view is
read-only, and so you won't be able to commit back. The latter is
probably not a problem for everyone, but may bite those that do have
write access.

For future reference, just create a new config called 'local.cfg', use
the following contents to have the same effect:

[buildout]
extends = deco.cfg

[sources]
repoze.xmliter                    = svn
http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.xmliter/trunk/

Or, for fun and profit, install mercurial and hgsubversion and replace
the 'svn http' part with 'hg svn+http' and create a DCVS clone so you
can make local changes while offline.

--
Martijn Pieters