[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 4 - holidays are over :)

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Tue Jan 5 04:59:34 UTC 2010

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> A quick poll in #plone-framework showed that myself and Messrs. Glick and Clark had never heard of bin/instance console. We need to document the crap out of that.
>>

> Eh, how do you guys start an instance without the forced debug mode of
> "fg"? You don't use "start" for that, do you?

Now you know why we were annoyed by not having a way to opt out of the
resource registries debug mode matching Zope's :-p
>> Since when have we had that?
>>
> Since we use buildout or to be more precise, April 2008. Let me quote
> the PyPi page:
>
> 1.8 (2008-04-05)
>
> Added console command to the instance script, which is equivalent to
> fg but does not implicitly turn on debug mode but respects the
> zope.conf setting. [hannosch]
>
> One month later we changed it not to fork a process internally, so
> this is what we've been using for supervisord configurations for
> years.

Man, I even vaguely remember seeing that changelog entry go by, but
completely forgot about it.  We've been using parts/instance/bin/runzope
with supervisord; this is better.
David

--
David Glick