[Framework-Team] Re: Death to the roadmap page?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Sep 28 06:51:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:29:08 -0700, Steve McMahon
<steve at dcn.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the situation is *much worse* than Marie indicates, as the
> roadmap page is completely obsolete and outdated since we switched to
> trac.
> It's more than a bit embarrassing that we link to it from the home page.
>
> We should have something better, but meanwhile, what should we do with
> the
> old roadmap page? It may be useful to some as a historical artifact.

The idea (at least for now) is to point it to the Trac roadmap page, and
do a bit better job with the release descriptions there.

Eric Steele and Yours Truly have volunteered for this task, but we didn't
want to do it until 3.3 was out. Now it is, and the old roadmap page can
be retired.

I don't think we need to involve Mark and others in this particular case —
they have much more important things they could be spending their time on
— but we can definitely do much better than we're doing right now.

If nothing has happened by the end of this week, feel free to call us out
on it. :)

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net