[Framework-Team] plone.registry and z3c.form

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Fri Sep 25 15:09:45 UTC 2009

Following up on the discussion of including these in Plone 4...

The Framework team opinion is that they like them both, and will
include them in Plone 4, but with the reservation that they wished
they'd gone through a full PLIP process.

Personally, I'm in favor of including both. I've used plone.registry
on a project and found it very well done and easy to use. I also like
the ControlPanelFormWrapper that plone.app.registry provides and would
be happy to see that make it in too. I'm less convinced about the
plone.app.registry search form itself. I'd lean towards leaving the
registry search as one of those undocumented views that people can get
to if they really need it, a la @@manage-viewlets. I'd like to have
that worked on some more in a 4.x release and go through full
Framework and UI team reviews before making it publicly available.

Adding plone.registry and plone.app.registry brings in the following
new dependencies:
collective.z3cform.datetimewidget = 0.1a9
plone.autoform = 1.0b2
plone.supermodel = 1.0b2

#Required by:
#plone.app.registry 1.0b1
plone.app.z3cform = 0.4.6

#Required by:
#plone.autoform 1.0b2
plone.z3cform = 0.5.5

#Required by:
#plone.z3cform 0.5.5
z3c.batching = 1.1.0

#Required by:
#plone.app.z3cform 0.4.6
z3c.formwidget.query = 0.5

If there are no staunch objections to the above, I'll move forward
with it.

Eric