[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone 4] Framework Team Minutes – Sept 16, 2009

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:14:38 UTC 2009

Eric Steele wrote:

> #9263: Erik: Looks good. i18n:attributes="title" be made implicit.
> Important to re-add "owner".

I don't know what that last comment means. If you mean we want the
"Owner" role on the sharing tab by default then (a) I disagree (it
shouldn't be necessary to delegate the Owner role and this is a very
confusing concept, especially when we have a "change ownership" form as
well) and (b) it's outside the scope of the PLIP.

> #9264: David: Non-controversial. Saw performance degradation in early
> look, Martin has updated. Ross: Seeing performance degradation in read
> only tests, which is unexpected. David will ask Martin if there's any
> reason for it that he's aware of.

As mentioned on the ticket, the Read Only tests must be bogus. They run
at something like 3 requests per second even in the (non-PLIP) baseline,
and the PLIP is marginally worse.

The functionality isn't even executed on anonymous requests, so I
largely ignored this issue. For the Read-Write tests, the PLIP is faster.

I don't know enough about the load test setup to diagnose why those
tests were not working as expected.