[Framework-Team] Re: Framework Team: Time is short, we need your reviews.

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 06:09:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

> During this week's FWT call, we waved 11 PLIPs through to the next
> stage and closed 2 others. The remaining 20 still need one (or two in
> some cases) reviews before we're comfortable considering them:

I can help review the following four PLIPs this weekend if all that's
required is to write a review like the ones I've seen done for my PLIPs:

> 7822	Make standard file content types use ZODB BLOB support

I use plone.app.blob in a project right now, so I have some experience
there. This would be a second review, correct?

> 8808	Require Python 2.5 or 2.6, Zope 2.12, and CMF 2.2 for Plone 4.0

Not sure what more is required here than "it works", but I can help have
a look if anything specific needs review.

> 9249	Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor

I'm using this in production as well now, so I can help review. This
would be a second review too?

> 9256	Expand variable substitution in mailing action of
> plone.app.contentrules

I'm using its cousin, collective.contentrules.mail, so I can help review
this. This would be a second review too?

Then comments on two of my PLIPs:

> 9263	GenericSetup syntax for importing Sharing page roles

This one's not been reviewed, but it's very simple. I hope someone can
take a look.

> 9264	Merge backport patches from plone.app.dexterity into Plone

I've addressed, I hope, the initial performance concerns (the load tests
seem to bear this out) so I hope this one's ready for merging, too.
There's not very much to it.

Cheers,