[Framework-Team] Framework Team: Time is short, we need your reviews.

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Sat Sep 12 01:53:29 UTC 2009

During this week's FWT call, we waved 11 PLIPs through to the next
stage and closed 2 others. The remaining 20 still need one (or two in
some cases) reviews before we're comfortable considering them:

7822	Make standard file content types use ZODB BLOB support
8801	Move action icon support into actions, remove CMFActionIcons
8802	Move our upgrade / migration infrastructure to GenericSetup
8808	Require Python 2.5 or 2.6, Zope 2.12, and CMF 2.2 for Plone 4.0
8814	Replace SecureMailHost with a standard Zope mailhost
9214	Support logins using e-mail address instead of user id
9249	Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor
9256	Expand variable substitution in mailing action of
plone.app.contentrules
9263	GenericSetup syntax for importing Sharing page roles
9264	Merge backport patches from plone.app.dexterity into Plone
9283	A more lightweight backend for collections
9288	Improved commenting infrastructure
9305	Use real names instead of usernames
9309	Better search for East Asian (multi-byte) languages.
9310	User registration process more flexible
9311	Clean up of user related actions UI
9316	Unify folder implementations
9321	Reimplement the search form with an eye on usability
9327	Unified interface for lists of content
9352	Search results improvements

I'd like to thank David, Alec, Ross, and Erik for stepping up to cover
as many as they could before this week's meeting. That said, we've
still got many more to do. Calvin, Matt, Raphael and Laurence: could
you help us push through these?

Also, huge thanks to guest reviewers Rob Gietema, Craig Haynal, Alex
Clark, Geir Baekholt, and Hanno Schlichting for taking the time to
help us out. You've made our lives easier.

If any of other devs would like to assist the FWT in finishing up this
already-past-due review process, please contact me and I'll be happy
to get you started.

Thanks,
Eric