[Framework-Team] FWT Meeting minutes - Sept 2, 2009
ems174 at psu.edu
Wed Sep 2 22:07:29 UTC 2009
In the call: Eric Steele, Alec Mitchell, Ross Patterson, Erik Rose,
Laurence Rowe, David Glick
* We're really behind on reviews, unfortunately we'll have to add
another week. Eric will email the dev list to alert everyone of the
* We need everyone to cover at least 8 reviews for proper coverage.
* No word from Raphael for several weeks. Check in on him.
* Ross is generating funkload reports for each PLIP vs base Plone 4.
Working on a base Plone 3 vs Plone 4.
* More discussion of plone.app.registry. Erik gave the package a
closer look this week. Generally happy with it, is +1 on inclusion.
Group's general feeling hasn't changed much from "Yes, but with
reservations." Erik created tickets for discussion at http://dev.plone.org/old/plone/ticket/9472
* David raised concerns about #9352's 15% slowdown for search results.
Detailed profiling needed.
* #9376 (archetypes.schematuning): Opinion has soured greatly after
reading Alec's review and subsequent discussion in #plone-framework
* #9258 (archetypes.referencebrowserwidget): We're all happy with it.
Use overlays? Modailty would be a concern
* #9329 (TTP actions): Eric feels it needs much work. Good candidate
for a 4.x release.
* More guest reviewers? alcark? stevem?
In a fit of UI muckification, we've added some columns for voting to
the "Implementation Reviewers" spreadsheet (http://bit.ly/plips). Add
a +1 if you're happy with the implementation. Lowest scores get
discussion priority at next week's meeting.
Homework for next week's meeting: Finish your reviews, try to do at
least 8. Read over others' review notes and vote so that we have an
idea of which need the most discussion.
Audio at http://apps.calliflower.com/conf/download/3987?rec_key=a16357e17e0f0577d121129f6287a8855a4d0014
More information about the Framework-Team