[Framework-Team] PLIPs and plone.pot

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Sep 20 21:08:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Steve McMahon <steve at dcn.org> wrote:
> It looks like I'd need to branch collective/PloneTranslations, then branch
> plone.app.locales in order to make the externals point to the new
> collective/PloneTranslations branch. But, I don't see a sign that anyone's
> ever done it that way before. So, I suspect I'm on the wrong track....

That would be the only technical way to make a branch indeed.

> Anybody got a handle on the right way to add to the .pot for a PLIP?

The "right way" is not to care about updating the pot files before
PLIP's are merged.

All messages are extracted automatically anyways and should only be
exposed to the translators once the corresponding PLIP is approved and
merged. You can run the i18ndude extract on your branches and see if
they pick up all messages correctly - just don't commit it.

Hanno