[Framework-Team] Plone 4.0 Voting finished!

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Fri Oct 9 18:10:51 UTC 2009

Now that I have Erik's votes in (and, for the sake of time, have
decided to overrule Matthew's remaining votes on the remaining two
PLIPs in contention), we at last have a full list of accepted PLIPs:

7822	Make standard file content types use ZODB BLOB support
8801	Move action icon support into actions, remove CMFActionIcons
8802	Move our upgrade / migration infrastructure to GenericSetup
8808	Require Python 2.5 or 2.6, Zope 2.12, and CMF 2.2 for Plone 4.0
8814	Replace SecureMailHost with a standard Zope mailhost
9186	Set Image IDs from Title field
9214	Support logins using e-mail address instead of user id
9249	Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor
9250	Add jQuery Tools to base install
9256	Expand variable substitution in mailing action of
plone.app.contentrules
9258	Replace Products.ATReferenceBrowserWidget with
archetypes.referencebrowserwidget
9259	Group dashboards
9263	GenericSetup syntax for importing Sharing page roles
9264	Merge backport patches from plone.app.dexterity into Plone
9272	Exposing and editing Dublin Core properties
9285	Show blocked portlets in management interface
9286	Allow to show/hide portlets
9305	Use real names instead of usernames
9309	Better search for East Asian (multi-byte) languages.
9310	User registration process more flexible
9315	New theme for Plone 4
9316	Unify folder implementations
9321	Reimplement the search form with an eye on usability
9330	Add ability to choose role when adding new site members

I'll be updating tickets and will send out an email to the dev list
today expressing our congratulations/gratitude for everyones' work.
I'm setting the merge deadline for next Friday.

Matthew, would you be available to get out a news item now that we
have a real list of features?

Eric