[Framework-Team] [Plone 4] Final Voting for Plone 4.0

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Thu Oct 1 19:14:23 UTC 2009

FWT,

It's time to start voting on PLIPs again. We're looking for up or down
votes on each of the submissions.

The following PLIPs have updated reviews and are ready for your vote.
A reminder that we've agreed that we need a minimum of 5 votes for
each PLIP . Please record your vote in the PLIP ticket for posterity
and in the spreadsheet for my ease-of-tallying.

7822	Make standard file content types use ZODB BLOB support
8801	Move action icon support into actions, remove CMFActionIcons
8802	Move our upgrade / migration infrastructure to GenericSetup
8808	Require Python 2.5 or 2.6, Zope 2.12, and CMF 2.2 for Plone 4.0
8814	Replace SecureMailHost with a standard Zope mailhost
9186	Set Image IDs from Title field
9249	Add TinyMCE as the default visual editor
9250	Add jQuery Tools to base install
9256	Expand variable substitution in mailing action of
plone.app.contentrules
9258	Replace Products.ATReferenceBrowserWidget with
archetypes.referencebrowserwidget
9264	Merge backport patches from plone.app.dexterity into Plone
9272	Exposing and editing Dublin Core properties
9305	Use real names instead of usernames
9310	User registration process more flexible
9315	New theme for Plone 4
9330	Add ability to choose role when adding new site members

Erik and Laurence, we also need updated reviews (or at least
confirmation that your recommendation has not changed) for the
following:

9214	Support logins using e-mail address instead of user id
9259	Group dashboards
9263	GenericSetup syntax for importing Sharing page roles
9285	Show blocked portlets in management interface
9288	Improved commenting infrastructure

I'd like to get this wrapped up by Monday, so that I can start the
merge process.

Eric