[Framework-Team] Plone 2009: Going from here

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu May 7 07:56:35 UTC 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Steve McMahon wrote:
> We need to move the Plone 2009 proposal forward (whether it's 3.5 or
> 4.0).

first of all, thanks for following up on this, steve!

> I'd like to suggest that the combined Plone 3 and 4 framework teams
> make the decisions on this.

i'm not entirely sure if all of this is for the framework team to
decide, but i'll give my thoughts anyway just in case...

> 1) Should there be a significant new feature release of Plone this
> year?

+1

> What are its most basic goals?

try to simplify things a bit for users, integrators & developers,
upgrade and clean up underlying technology, pave to way for more
intrusive changes aka "the cms formerly known as plone4". :)

> Which framework team is in
> charge?

the new fwt4 — it should be plone 4.0 after all, see below...

> 2) What should this new release be called/numbered?

i'd really like to get feedback from the marketing committee, but atm
i'm leaning very much to calling it plone 4.0.

cheers,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.2.2 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/