[Framework-Team] Re: The new Plone 4.0, was Re: Plone 3.5

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Tue May 5 22:23:52 UTC 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 11:11 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
> I should clarify my question here.  Is there an issue with making sure
> that the backed up BLOB directory is consistent with a particular
> backed
> up state of the Data.fs via repozo.

no.  the only important bit is to not pack the zodb before the blob
storage backup has finished.  so what you do is:

     1. backup data.fs via repozo
     2. backup blob storage (for example via rsync)
     3. optionally pack the zodb

you might end up with some extra blobs created at a time after or
during the repozo backup, but other than taking up space they won't
hurt.  otherwise blobs will never change and only get removed during
packing.

> I'm just saying we'd need to be able to make some
> promise about repozo backups of Data.fs and backups of BLOB directory
> being consistent.

we can.

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de