[Framework-Team] Re: blob backups (was: Re: The new Plone 4.0, was Re: Plone 3.5)

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Tue May 5 21:15:49 UTC 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> On May 5, 2009, at 10:05 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
>> BLOBs: Has the backups/repozo story been sufficiently worked out?
>
> this will need a good backup story, but it won't be via repozo.
> repozo was meant to backup a single data.fs, but not your entire
> zodb.  the blob storage will tend to be big and might live on some
> media with other backup strategies (think SAN or S3).  there should
> be some recipe or something that provides a single script to backup
> both for the standard use-case of having the blob storage live on
> the same filesystem, but that shouldn't be repozo.

I was looking into this last week and found this thread enlightening: http://www.nabble.com/Backing-up-Data.fs-and-blob-directory-td19291251.html#a19293438

 From that, it sounds like doing a repozo backup followed by an rsync
of the blobstorage dir probably isn't insane, at least in some setups.

I agree that it would be nice to have some more pre-baked scripts for
this though.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup