[Framework-Team] Re: The new Plone 4.0, was Re: Plone 3.5

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Tue May 5 21:11:04 UTC 2009

Andreas Zeidler <az at zitc.de> writes:

> On May 5, 2009, at 10:05 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
>> BLOBs: Has the backups/repozo story been sufficiently worked out?
>
> this will need a good backup story, but it won't be via repozo.
> repozo was meant to backup a single data.fs, but not your entire
> zodb.  the blob storage will tend to be big and might live on some
> media with other backup strategies (think SAN or S3).  there should be
> some recipe or something that provides a single script to backup both
> for the standard use-case of having the blob storage live on the same
> filesystem, but that shouldn't be repozo.

I should clarify my question here.  Is there an issue with making sure
that the backed up BLOB directory is consistent with a particular backed
up state of the Data.fs via repozo.  IOW, can we say something like "so
long as you restore your BLOB directory to a state as it was in the same
moment or after the repozo process started then it is guataneed to be
consistent"?  I'm not saying that the above statement is correct cause I
don't know.  :) I'm just saying we'd need to be able to make some
promise about repozo backups of Data.fs and backups of BLOB directory
being consistent.

Ross