[Framework-Team] The new Plone 4.0, was Re: Plone 3.5

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Tue May 5 19:42:41 UTC 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 8:24 PM, David Glick wrote:
> +1 on the modified proposal of aiming for a "less risky" release
> called Plone 4.0, with the caveats that:
> - The release needs to offer improvements of significant value to
> justify the effort in upgrading (Hanno's spreadsheet of proposed
> changes and where they might land looks good to me overall)

i agree.  perhaps we could try to aim just a little bit higher.
"Unify portal_skins and browser resources" and "Make pages folderish"
don't sound all too exciting, for example, but i think they'd help
solving two pretty important/annoying problems both on the developer/
integrator and the user end.

> - We need to nail the upgrade story and documentation of changes.

+1!

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 3.2.2 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/