[Framework-Team] The new Plone 4.0, was Re: Plone 3.5

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Tue May 5 15:05:58 UTC 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> Hi.
>
> To summarize the feedback from the European time zone, I think that
> the
> proposal in general meets the favor of everyone.
>
> The controversial issue is the exact version number to use for the
> release. There seems to be broad support for freeing the current Plone
> trunk from a version designator and release a 4.0 release with the
> envisioned scope of this proposal instead.
>
> If I do not get a strong signal or message otherwise, consider this
> proposal changed in this regard.
>
> Hanno

I'm glad I've not been the point of contention on this issue. ;) It's
an honor to be... I guess at this point it's "nominated".

A quick survey of our integrators on campus shows an agreement with
the current state of this discussion:
1) Everyone is for a near-future release of the less risky work being
done in trunk
2) Calling it 3.5 breaks the dot release contract. Go with "Plone 4"
instead.

Eric