[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.5

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Tue May 5 14:17:10 UTC 2009

Am Tue, 05 May 2009 22:08:14 +0800 schrieb Martin Aspeli:

> Jens W. Klein wrote:
>
>> I just can say here: I agree to delay features and make the next major
>> 4.0 and not 3.5. Dont make the same mistakes again (looking at 2.5).
>
> Who said anything about delaying features?

sorry - my bad english, what i mean is to put risky features proposed for
4.0 on a 5 (6,7...) release number. Then make what now is discussed as
3.5 the 4.0 release.

Ths communicates clearly the stability and serves the needs of the Plone-
integrators and developers.

> This proposal suggests a feature set that is incremental to the 3.x
> series, way less than what we've been tabling for 4.0 so far, but still
> a bit too much for a 3.x under the current stability packt.

right, and for this reason i'd name it 4.0 and not 3.5.

> Or did you mean to vote against the proposal wholesale, and have no
> half-way between 3.x and 4.0?

I would just not be so stingy with major release-numbers.

Jens
--
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance