[Framework-Team] Plone 3.5

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Tue May 5 11:54:45 UTC 2009

On 5 May 2009, at 12:44, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> The general idea that seems to have met some consensus is to go for a
> Plone 3.5 release up next. We'd skip any 3.4 release and go for a 3.5
> that is similar in spirit to the Plone 2.5 release. It tries to both
> refresh some of our technical underpinnings in addition to some more
> intrusive feature changes we didn't allow ourselves in the 3.x
> series so
> far.

Why skip 3.4?  That Plone 2.5 was a major release was quite nasty, it
confused people about what was a major release and what isn't.  We've
made a commitment to 3.x being stable, I think we should keep to it.
Releasing a Plone 3.5 would confuse the matter.

However, it would be interesting to open the new features to a wider
audience ASAP.  I'd be in favour of this if:

- It wasn't called Plone 3.x or 4.x (Dunno what though)
- We maintained 3.x as officially supported

Matt