[Framework-Team] concerns about our "beta" process

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Sun Mar 15 03:51:33 UTC 2009

Hi All-

I saw in the topic on FWT that 3.3b1 is tagged... yahoo!  Thanks to all
of the folks who got code in there - it is really nice to see us making
small "feature" releases so regularly!

I am a little concerned, though, that our beta process is not getting us
the feedback we need.  To but it briefly: there's no easy way to get the
beta and try it out.  I can't find any place to download it, or any
documented instructions for getting it via buildout.
http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/3.3, which seems the most
logical place, offers no clue.

If we hope to have people outside the core developer team test our
"beta" releases (and I assume we do), then we're going to have to make
it easier to take our betas for a spin.  Or at least mark the path more
clearly.

:jon