[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP Community Imapacts

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 00:41:27 UTC 2009

On 14 Mar 2009, at 00:13, Jon Stahl wrote:

> East coast is significantly easier for the Europeans, both in travel
> time and intensity of jetlag.  But all is open to discussion.  They
> rallied to CA for the PSPS.  :-)

To be honest, the travel time isn't a massive factor, it only adds a
few hours, going to the US is a commitment regardless of the coast.
Also, I can adjust to the timezone to quite a decent margin of error
by sleeping on flights, although I'm aware many people find that
difficult.  For me the only issue is flight costs, as I'm still a
student I can only work part time, and that doesn't leave me much
spreadin' around money; best case scenario for flight costs leaves the
east-coast about $100 cheaper, but often they're a lot closer.

So, my criterion is "near a large international airport" for the
getting of cheap flights, rather than blanket east-coast.

MAtt