[Framework-Team] PLIP #246 ready for review (pending review notes)

Ricardo Alves rsa at eurotux.com
Mon Mar 9 11:22:37 UTC 2009

Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> hi ricardo,
>
> On Jan 18, 2009, at 1:44 AM, Ricardo Alves wrote:
>> Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>>> as a heads-up, the review bundle for PLIP 246 (View for rendering
>>> events as an iCalendar file) is ready for review.  you can get it
>>> from https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/review/plip246-ical-feed/
>>
>> I'm very interested in this PLIP, since I've being implementing such
>> feature for several projects and would be great to have it shipped
>> with Plone.
>>
>> From a first look at the review bundle, I have some suggestions:
>
> just as a heads-up:  i've implemented most of your suggestions by
> now...  actually, i've sneaked in some of the stuff that was discussed
> during the PLIP review last night after merging things, but don't tell
> wichert! ;)  i didn't get around to do it during the review period
> (since i was busy reviewing i guess) and went on vacation right
> afterwards.  but well, most of these were only bug-fixes anyway...

Awesome :)

>> - I'm not so sure about it, but shouldn't we also support vCalendar?
>> It's still provided for single events.
>
> vcal support is still missing, though.  while it should be easy enough
> to do, i considered it too much of a change to still add to the
> already accepted and reviewed PLIP.  i reckon it'll make make a very
> easy PLIP for 3.4, though... ;)  or maybe it could be considered a bug
> and go into 3.3.1, too.

+1 to consider it a bug. Basically, it's about providing the same
feature, but for software that still uses vCalendar, and since the
individual events also provide it...

>> - Are there any plans to add a new document action for this feature?
>
> well, yes.  but nothing has been decided really.  i asked some people
> (hint, hint! :)) who were gonna make a suggestion about it, and
> perhaps it would even still be possible to add it before releasing
> 3.3, but i'm not sure what wichert thinks about it.  maybe we should
> take some time to finish the discussion and add it to the next minor
> version...

IMHO, the best would be a document action for folders and topics, shown
*if* there is something to download. It would be consistent with the
current behavior for individual events. Without the action, I guess this
will be an hidden feature.

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Alves <rsa at eurotux.com>