[Framework-Team] Plone 4 FWT meeting summary 2009-06-23

Eric Steele ems174 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 23 20:17:57 UTC 2009

Present:
- David Glick
- Alec Mitchell
- Ross Patterson
- Raphael Ritz
- Erik Rose
- Eric Steele
- Matthew Wilkes

  * Eric needs a new headset.
  * Haven't heard from Calvin lately. Eric will check in with him.
  * We have 57 PLIPs to evaluate, more than any previous version of
Plone (we're told), with less time than any other major release. #$&@!
  * Keep initial review period as short as possible, we'll try to
finish before next week's meeting. Can go over any problem areas then.
  * PLIP gardening:
      * Mark any incomplete or excessively ill-formatted PLIPs as
"invalid" with a friendly message asking submitter for some cleanup.
They can be reopened and considered once they're in an improved state.
      * Between those and the obvious yes/no submissions, we should
reach a much more manageable number for more in-depth review.
      * Will set up a Trac page to track PLIPs and who will be
investigating each.
      * Would be helpful to be automatically CC'ed on all PLIP
changes. Would be too much noise for the FWT list, let's create a new
one. Ross will try to get that set up.
  * Schedule of deadlines at http://bit.ly/plone4calendar. Everyone
feels comfortable with the Aug 16 initial implementation deadline.
Will allow 6.5 weeks of work.
  * Timing of call is somewhat inconvenient for some. We'll see if we
can reschedule. New poll at http://www.doodle.com/zf9hkvyexzgi98tt,
please fill out before next week. We'll meet weekly from now on.

I think that was everything. Apologies for not getting names all names
and tasks matched up, I don't recognize you all by voice yet. ;)

Calliflower seemed to work well enough. If there are no objections,
I'll ask the foundation board to set us up with an account.
Audio version is available at http://apps.calliflower.com/conf/download/3571

Eric